PayPal Credit no longer a payment method option at checkout

mikebeardsley
Contributor
Contributor

When I click the Pay with PayPal option at various websites, many that I have used PayPal Credit at in the past, I no longer have the option to use PayPal Credit. I have been on the phone with PayPal and Synchrony Bank (PayPal Credit) back and forth for hours today with no help. I have a $0 balance, both customer services lines say everything looks fine with my account, PayPal Credit is in my wallet and set as the preferred method, but no matter what site I got to pay with PayPal I never have the option for PayPal Credit anymore. 

This started happening recently, the last time I used PayPal Credit was about 4 months ago with no issue. 

I'm wondering if merchants started to not accept PayPal Credit, but even then I am reading that as long as you can pay with PayPal you should be able to use PayPal Credit as it's the same to the merchant. I'm hoping this gains some traction because this has become frustrating to have no answer from any of the PayPal teams on why an account in good standing can no longer be used for purchases. 

Websites I have tried recently: REI, Walmart, Away Luggage, Wayfair, and Target. All I have made purchases with in the past. Possibly someone else could check out one of those sites and confirm they have the PayPal Credit option? I find it hard to believe all of those major merchants would stop accepting this payment method. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kbaahl87
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same issue! Neither PayPal or Synchrony claims that there is an issue but there obviously is one. The last time I used PayPal credit was July 14th....for a purchase on eBay. After that, it says it's unavailable even with websites I have bought from before. I don't understand how they can't see anything is wrong? Very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Unless it has changed,Paypal credit is not always available,it is not like your bank or credit card line of credit,once approved,you can use it.

you can search this forum,and find out more.

Login to Me Too

mikebeardsley
Contributor
Contributor

@Teslafan101 I am aware it is not always available. I don't think your reply is relevant to the issue here. It is not available for ANY site anymore, for my account, including Walmart and Target which are specifically advertised on PayPal Credit's main page. This isn't an issue of some merchants not having it available, something has changed with my account (and others) with no explanation of why it's not available anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

have you asked your friend who has Paypal credit   to go to those sites and see if Paypal credit is available?

if it just happens to you,then it is your Paypal credit , 

Login to Me Too

Beck147pa
Contributor
Contributor
So I talked to an agent about the pay 4 no longer as an option basically members are givinn limited use as it builds up the pay option there’s limited funding and PayPal gives us so many times to use it then it’s cut off to give more ppl a chance to use it and once PayPal build up money from it we will see the option again it’s a new program that was just released and that makes more sense that it just cuts you off for no reason so we are given the option to use and now we have to wait till it ramps up more funding then it will be available again hopefully soon hope this helps !!!
Login to Me Too

Shanny5584
Contributor
Contributor
Agree, but BS they may loose people from using pay pal all together
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.