PayPal Credit is charging my bank account but I do not have the funds so will it keep declining?

kurtb24
New Community Member

Hello, so my issue is that I made a purchase with a company and decided to use PayPal Credit as my method of payment for $764.41. What I did not realize is that when I checked my PayPal account, it said that after using PayPal Credit the remainder of that $764.41 would be charged to the bank account that is linked to my PayPal account, when I wanted all of the $764.41 to be charged to PayPal credit account. The issue is that I wanted to use all of PayPal Credit because I do not have $764.41 in my bank account, and my bank has already told me that if PayPal were to charge my bank account for that amount then it would just keep declining.
I am wondering if PayPal can do a charge back on my account and cancel whole the transaction so PayPal will not continue to keep charging my bank account and having the transaction decline every time. Or, if they could increase my credit limit and change how PayPal will charge me for that $764.41 amount, and instead of having the remainder of the $764.41 amount being charged to my bank account and having it decline, to instead just have that $764.41 be completely charged to my PayPal Credit account so I can pay for it monthly instead and so I can continue to use the PayPal Credit service.
I would be fine with PayPal cancelling the transaction entirely or if PayPal decides to increase my credit limit for the $764.41 and allowing me to pay off that amount through PayPal credit instead. Thank you for reading this post and understanding me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.