PayPal Credit have taken 3 x my normal Direct Debit minimum payment!

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

So, no Statement has been available to me online for over 1 month.   Over the previous 2 months' PayPal Credit took my Direct Debits a few days late and added fees, as yet I have been unable to contact them to ask why, the money was there, I have not used the facility and statements were appearing as normal.   Last payment due 28th April, letter received 1st May adding charges for non payment, then payment taken 3rd May?, so surely that is not any fault of mine? there is no returned or other payment showing so this was their first attempt.

So today, I check my bank and find they have taken 3 times my normal monthly minimum amount by Direct Debit, of course I am absolutely unable to Contact them, got a code and phoned, but just automated options none of which are helpful.   I did get into e mail back and forth at the beginning of the month over the fees, but after 3 days was told they could not 'get into' my PayPal Credit Account.

I really cannot afford to lose that amount of cash in one go and for no reason, but neither do I need a bucket load of fees etc. if I re-call the Direct Debit.   I know I am covered because they have drastically changed the amount they take and given no notice, there is no way this is a minimum payment as authorised, my balance is gradually being paid off and credit not used, so it was gradually reducing not increasing!

I think my only option will be to cancel any future DDs and pay manually.   If they withdraw my Credit then so be it, I can get Credit elsewhere, that is much less devious and is straight forward and contactable.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.