PayPal Credit denied purchase??

cjenkinsmcgraw
Contributor
Contributor

Someone help!! I just applied for and was approved for a 2500$ credit line on PayPal Credit. I have it set up as my preferred online payment method etc but every time I try to purchase something online it is denied !? So I also tried to send someone money to see if that option would work ...nope denied too. So I have credit but can’t use it ? What am I doing wrong??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kerbie
Contributor
Contributor

I am having issues using my debt cards, credit and checking with paypal atm. I can't even withdraw funds from my paypal balance either, I believe the system that does the transactions is down for maintenace atm.

Login to Me Too

cjenkinsmcgraw
Contributor
Contributor
So you think it’s just a system error and not because I’m processing my payment incorrectly through PayPal Credit?
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal credi is not always available and amount varies,so if you were approved 3700,it does no mean you can buy an item for 3700. 

it is not like your bank or credit card line of credit.

it is also meant for online purchase,not sending money to friend and family,it is not a cash advance  

Login to Me Too

Kelyam707
Contributor
Contributor
then how come when you apply for it it tells you that you can send money to people they should explain it a lot more what it's used for I'm also having a problem where every time I try to purchase something online it keeps denying it even though I have available credit so what's the purpose of the credit if you can't use it
Login to Me Too

Juanstatus
Contributor
Contributor
Every time try to purchase from multiple sites like target Best Buy or any site that accepts PayPal it says denied then they there security stops the transaction but it always stops it why give credit if not able to use it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.