PayPal Credit andUnauthorized Balance Deductions by PayPal Itself

skatehispeed
New Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Below is a letter that outlines the details of the problem I sent to PayPal.  If you don't have any feedback, it is ok. At the very least, I hope this issue will make others aware.

This message was sent after multiple contact attempts:

To Whom It May Concern,

First, I want you to know that I appreciate your help and your time.

Second, I do NOT want to be shuffled off again to several different phone numbers and be put on hold for a total of more than an hour, including attempting to contact a supervisor.

That said...

This complaint is in regard to the following transactions that were DEDUCTED from my PayPal Balance BY PAYPAL WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION:

(Transaction Private.}

Here's the problem:

1. I have PayPal Credit indicated as my preferred way to pay for quite some time now. The transactions I listed above have been regularly charged to PayPal Credit until now. I specifically indicated that I wanted these transactions applied to my PayPal Credit account. INSTEAD...PayPal deducted them from my PayPal balance WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION.

2. The balance that is held in my PayPal account is from customer payments as I am an eBay seller. I leave it there as reassurance I can quickly perform a refund if something happens. I DO NOT mix those payments with personal business which is specifically the reason why I INDICATED PAYPAL CREDIT as the PREFERRED method of payment.

I was SHOCKED to log into my PayPal account to find those funds in the balance were missing!

As a result, I spent a great deal of time trying to get the situation taken care of on Chat, through numerous phone calls and finally being placed on hold forever in an effort to contact a Supervisor.

The claim is the mistake cannot be reversed which I REFUSE to accept! IF.....it was my mistake I would be the first to admit it.....however, IT IS NOT!!

If PayPal can randomly just deduct funds from your balance without the customer's authorization AND WHEN ANOTHER FORM OF PAYMENT was expressly indicated, this means every customer would have to drain their PayPal balance and place the money elsewhere to get a payment charged to PayPal Credit!!! This is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND RIDICULOUS!

The bottom line is......THIS IS PAYPAL'S MISTAKE and I expect the funds from my customers to be restored to my PayPal balance and PayPal Credit to be charged accordingly!!

IF I CONTINUE TO GET THE RUNAROUND AND GET SHUFFLED BACK AND FORTH FROM PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PAYPAL CREDIT, I WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE BUT TO PURSUE FURTHER LEGAL ACTION. I HAVE BEEN A LONGTIME CUSTOMER AND WOULD HATE TO HAVE IT COME TO THAT....HOWEVER, I NEED TO BE ABLE TO COUNT ON MY PAYPAL BALANCE TO SERVE EBAY CUSTOMERS ACCORDINGLY!!!

Finally............PLEASE DO NOT reply with “there is nothing we can do.” I have heard enough of that!! This is PayPal's mistake!! If you cannot fix it then supply me with a specific name and phone number of someone who can. This is NOT going to go away with a runaround!!!!

Thank you for your time!

Bcc

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.