PayPal Credit & reg PP acct won't let me send money

dullrig
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Credit won't work when trying to send someone money through my available credit line on here. I've tried many ways from researching this online over the last almost two weeks & nothing works. I've re entered my credit card info, tried sending to different people even, and it gives me the same messages that I need to submit a card/bank acct. Or that I need to update payment preference, which I do. Or theres an "error, try again later" - well its been 2 weeks now. My regular paypal acct won't let me send money either! I have the paypal debit mastercard too, i've used it before but now it's saying i need to activate it too? It's all messed up... I just want to send my fiancee money from my paypal credit. My credit card company says my acct is good, so it's not my CC. I've gone through all the security verification online a few times, submitting my info again and again, along with pics of my ID. I've tried to update my address on my paypal credit, and it won't save my update. I don't know why there seems to be a bunch of bugs/technical issues that should be addressed by them at once because i've spent hours online researching ways to try and fix this issue and it seems others on forums have reached out about this and similar situations with paypal and paypal credit. I have available credit on my PP, and I have money on my credit card, so that's not the problem. My CC company told me my account with them (the CC company) is in good standing too, so that's not the problem. It's not the fault of the recipient either. What should I do? I mainly just want to send money with my PP credit, on their site it says it can be done after updating payment preferences. which ive done. many times. I've tried re-doing everything and troubleshooting online on my phone, on the app, and online on my laptop. 

Has anyone had this problem before?? Did you fix it? What did you do? And PS linking a different credit/debit card isn't an option right now as that is our only ones... 

please only respond with solution based answers. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dullrig 

You've tried so many times and different ways that the security system is triggered and blocks everything. The more you keep repeating failed actions, forcing it, the more longer it locks up to protect itself. Leave the account alone for a week for good measure so security system can cool down/reset then carefully and gingerly make a transaction.

PayPal Credit may not be offered for every transactions as the system decides to offer it or not based on a risk model and other factors known only to PayPal.

Also change up the frequency of your internet connection or it switch off and on or restart the router or your device. Weak, bad, unstable signals can interfere with processing.

If problem persists, contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.