PayPal Credit account issue

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

So, for the past few weeks I haven't been able to access my PayPal credit account either on the app or on the computer. When I login in like normal, I see it on the front page along with everything else I have. But when I go to either view/make a payment, I get a message saying, "We apologize our system is having technical difficulty retrieving your information. Please try again later." A good week to week and a half later, I'm still having the same issue.

When I called customer support (which aren't the biggest help in the world), I got transferred to 4 different people who either didn't understand what I was saying or got confused when I explained, in detail, what my issue is. One guy said it was my browser so when I did what he suggested (download google crome) I still got the same error message. He even said the mobile app, you can't always view everything  Which was a lie because I'm sure most of you know, you can view your statements, make a payment, etc. on the all. Like I said before, I can physically see balance, see when my payment is due, and see how much credit I have available. But when I click the link to either view or make a payment, I get the error message. The only way I can make a payment is by doing it on the phone, which takes a long time since the automated is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with.  

Everything, up until last week, was working fine. If anyone else is having this issue please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance. 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

OOD
Contributor
Contributor

I just called in, they are trying to fix the issues, they are moving to new servers.

If you call[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]in the US you can pay by any of your accounts over the phone.

I could not help snarking  a little bit that its a bit of a failure for an online payment company to not be able to take online payments for 5 + days.

Login to Me Too

Crazy4Happy

I'm having this issue as well. Incognito didn't work. Can't believe this has been going on since August and no resolution.

Login to Me Too

kjpodsia
Contributor
Contributor

I was finally able to get a payment set up through the mobile app (on iPhone).  Even then, the first time I tried to access PayPal Credit I got an error to the effect of an Invalid URL.  But a second attempt finally got through to the Credit site.  Still can't get through via browsers, though, so I would recommend focusing on the mobile app as a way of checking whether you can connect or not.

Login to Me Too

JBC96
New Community Member

Spinning circle o' death for me on the desktop site.  Thanks to this thread, I rechecked mobile, which FINALLY worked.
Oh - and as a extra guffaw, I got one of the "hey, tell us how you're liking us" free survey things when browsing this area.  It allowed me to answer all of the questions, but gave me "sorry, you've already replied to this survey" at the end.  I'm CERTAIN it had NOTHING to do with the "1" I tried to rate them with...<sigh>

Login to Me Too

basspig
Contributor
Contributor

What I want to know is how is Paypal treating customers who are late with payments as a result of inability to reach the payment site or a live person due to inability to authenticate the phone call?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.