PayPal Credit account issue

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

So, for the past few weeks I haven't been able to access my PayPal credit account either on the app or on the computer. When I login in like normal, I see it on the front page along with everything else I have. But when I go to either view/make a payment, I get a message saying, "We apologize our system is having technical difficulty retrieving your information. Please try again later." A good week to week and a half later, I'm still having the same issue.

When I called customer support (which aren't the biggest help in the world), I got transferred to 4 different people who either didn't understand what I was saying or got confused when I explained, in detail, what my issue is. One guy said it was my browser so when I did what he suggested (download google crome) I still got the same error message. He even said the mobile app, you can't always view everything  Which was a lie because I'm sure most of you know, you can view your statements, make a payment, etc. on the all. Like I said before, I can physically see balance, see when my payment is due, and see how much credit I have available. But when I click the link to either view or make a payment, I get the error message. The only way I can make a payment is by doing it on the phone, which takes a long time since the automated is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with.  

Everything, up until last week, was working fine. If anyone else is having this issue please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance. 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Michael

Hello, nickalani. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've encountered with your PayPal Credit account. I know how frustrating this kind of situation can be.

Based on what you've mentioned, the best suggestion I can think of is to try going through the process of linking the two accounts to see if that re-connects them or to have your PayPal Credit account unlinked from your PayPal account and then link them again. It's possible you don't even need to have the accounts unlinked and going through the linking process will re-establish the connection.

Please navigate to PayPal Credit's website, scroll down to Visit Our FAQs and then scroll down to the section on Linking PayPal Credit and PayPal. If going through the linking process doesn't work, please call PayPal Credit's Customer Service to have the accounts unlinked  and then try linking them again. You can find the phone number for PayPal Credit's Customer Service in the FAQ section, as well.

I hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

jfs1179
Contributor
Contributor

This method doesn't work.  When clicking on the link provided in the FAQ, it just states that the accounts are already linked and asks if you want to login.  

Login to Me Too

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, no one seems to understand that. 

Login to Me Too

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, that method doesn't work because it asks me to login to my account. Which I can't because I get that error message every time. 

Login to Me Too

atsardou
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue as well, and didn't want to call in, so I started messing around. Same issue in Chrome, Firefox, and on the app. However, I found a workaround that at least let me access everything on the Paypal Credit site once. Fingers crossed this works long term and can help other people out.

I opened a new incognito window in Chrome. (File > New Incognito Window, or Ctrl+Shift+N) Accessed Paypal and then Paypal credit through that and I got in, which leads me to believe the site has some sort of caching issue they really need to look into. 

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else out who's having this issue. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I’ll try that! It’s better than most of the help I’m getting thus far!
Login to Me Too

jfs1179
Contributor
Contributor

It's not a caching issue for me.  I've tried on my cell phone, my laptop (multiple browsers), incognito mode.  There is definitely something wrong with the account and calling into PayPal support was of little use.  They just open a ticket, can't provide me with a number or updates on when it will be fixed.

Login to Me Too

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have a ticket as well. But who knows when it'll get fixed.

Login to Me Too

basspig
Contributor
Contributor

Anonymous browser didn't work for me either. Still getting "We apologize our system is having technical difficulty retrieving your information. Please try again later." as soon as "taking you to paypal credit" appears.

I have a payment due to tomorrow and I'm trying to set up auto pay. A week ago, I could access the payment site. Now I can't. How can I avoid being late with a payment if I can't access the payment site?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.