PayPal Credit Returned Payment

Kikiky79
Contributor
Contributor
My PAYPAL CREDIT payment was returned due to insufficient funds. Will they make a second attempt?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kikiky79 

It sure reads like it does and this is the only info I can find about this topic:

https://www.synchronybankterms.com/gecrbterms/pdf/PAYPAL_CREDIT.pdf

"Returned Payment Fee

We will charge this fee, which is sometimes referred to as a “return check fee” or “non-sufficient funds fee,” if any check, other instrument, or electronic payment authorization you provide us in payment on your account, is not honored upon first presentment for any reason, including if the payment is returned by drawee for “not sufficient funds.” We will not charge this fee if the check, instrument or electronic authorization is later honored. This fee is equal to $27; however, it will never be more than the minimum payment due immediately prior to the date on which the payment is returned."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mcsurrey1969
Contributor
Contributor
I've struggled for 3 months to make a payment to my PayPal credit account. Each time I've made payment I had the funds in my account, it's gone through fine tho shows as pending on my PayPal account but, for up to a week later it then shows as declined? Why is it not taken immediately and why is it that it's not taken from my account until up to a week later? I can't guarantee or reserve the money due to not knowing when PayPal will action the pending payment and, unlike a pending direct debit, I won't have until 2.30pm to submit the funds to ensure it goes through. If it's not in at that moment, it's declined. How on earth are we meant to pay if it's not taken from our accounts when we make the payment? With no answer on the phones, online payment is the only option.
Login to Me Too

Tinarice1975
New Community Member
I scheduled a payment for my paypal credit. Paypal took the money out and then they returned my payment. Any clue as to why.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.