PayPal Credit - Payment Pending - WHY & WHEN WILL IT CLEAR???

SG80
Contributor
Contributor

I've just made a payment onto my Paypal Credit account and it says the money is pending.  When reading about this is says that it should be showing on my paypal account the same day but this never happens.  Please can someone let me know when ACTUALLY this payment is likely to show and be clear on my credit account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

advice removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jobecalver
New Community Member

I am a freelance contract worker and I get paid at irregular intervals so I like to make manual payments when funds are available.

I know I should pay more attention to these things but I've never had concerns about payments before now.

I made a payment using the Make A Payment link and chose my regular current account on 20th and assumed same day processing as the help info suggests. By that I mean I assumed that my bank would receive a request for the payment the same day and that the funds would at least be reserved if not actually cleared the same day. I'm still waiting for a human to read and respond to my inquiry, via the message centre, as to why it took 7 days from my "making" the payment to my bank processing a direct debit request. 

If I get a response I'll update this but it seems that payments using a UK bank account as the source could be pending for 7 days or more - should anyone be wondering.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jobecalver 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

But if you add funds to your balance yourself or send a payment as a gift using the friends/family option then it you that takes the wait instead.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option going via ACH in batches BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.