PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

I got referred to PayPal Security.  Apparently they have an "algorithm" that can't be overridden that determines how much you are allowed to spend based on "their experience with you."  If you get the credit account (like I did), for a new laptop purchase, the account will not be available to you. 

Login to Me Too

FICOHawk
New Community Member

My 3 FICO Scores are in the mid 800's, I have 10,000 available via PayPal Credit, pay all credit card balances to zero monthly, and I still cant get approved to buy anything via PayPal credit. Something is definitely amiss! 

Login to Me Too

annoyedgirl05
Customer service is horrible. I called because it kept telling me i had to upload proof of my identity, although I had already done it. It kept saying my photo was too big. When I spoke to someone else, they said there were no limitations on my account but "we understand you'd like to send or transfer, but security is our utmost priority, please try again in 48 hours." I'm also having the same paypal credit issue. My credit is perfectly fine. I've had an active account with American express since I was 18 (I'm 25 now). Almost every experince I've had with PayPal and customer service has been horrible. I came to read this forum and seen that over 700 people were having the same issue. So, this isn't a person problem. This is a PayPal problem. I'm also going to close my account. I'd rather just use cashapp or ANYTHING else. In the attempt to try to make "security an utmost priority" the customers are the one's that are suffering.
Login to Me Too

Dav40
Contributor
Contributor
Was it fixed,can you use it?
Login to Me Too

temp20220215c
Contributor
Contributor
I was skimming through all of PayPals policies and came across something along the lines of PayPal using your money for bearing interest in other institutions and that's what we agreed to signing up with PayPal. Maybe this could be why so many of us new to PayPal credit are having issues in the beginning. They could be using our money first?! Any thoughts anyone!?
Login to Me Too

temp20220215c
Contributor
Contributor
If your Balance Account is not eligible for FDIC pass-through insurance, PayPal combines your Balance Account balance with the balances of other Balance Account holders and invests those funds in liquid investments in accordance with state money transmitter laws. PayPal owns the interest or other earnings on these investments. However, the claim against PayPal represented by your balance held in your Balance Account is not secured by these investments and you do not have any ownership interest (either legal or beneficial) in these investments. These pooled amounts are held apart from PayPal’s corporate funds, and PayPal will neither use these funds for its operating expenses or any other corporate purposes nor will it voluntarily make these funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy.
Login to Me Too

temp20220215c
Contributor
Contributor
Oh and they can at any time deny use or amount trying to use. So basically they use us.. (obviously like any bank) to double dip..or even triple dip for themselves....
Login to Me Too

That is by far the most ridiculous answer that I have ever heard. Do not listen to that person. He/she is a fool.
Login to Me Too

DeeDeeJenkins
Contributor
Contributor
That answer makes no sense as this paypal credit is approved after they run your credit an have to have good credit to be approved . It seems like it's a scam card . I've had for a week an can't use it nobody at call enter knows crap . They all say contact merchant it's not us it's the merchant . I've tried 10 places . Decline EVERYTIME.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515x
New Community Member
Paypal is a scam I used paypal for my business and they kept my first business payment from a sprinkler job and kept 500$ which was to cover material I purchased for the job for 6 months. And now I had to get a small loan to keep my business going ...they are a very big scam and don't think they should be in business and should be arrested for fraud
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.