PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Temp20230526EA
New Community Member

Well I have been with paypal 9 dam years. I go to use the credit line approved , and find it took the funds out of my dam bank. So much for paypal credit.Now i have to get a refund back. Im not happy at all

Login to Me Too

Mark2081
Contributor
Contributor
Well attempted to apply for paypal credit today and guess what, please check your details. No issues with details but will not proceed past credit check continue button.
Login to Me Too

Leticia_
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same problem, I was accepted for the credit line. Now that I try to buy anything where PayPal is accepted the credit line does not show up as an available form of payment, I have tried to use it in about 5 online stores. I called customer service and the reason they gave me was to "Keep trying until it works I don't know when it should work". I can not try every single second its not like magic, when will I ever be able to use my credit line if its not connecting? I hope PayPal can solve this problem, I don't plan on keeping this credit line if this problem is not fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

Remylion
Contributor
Contributor
Ok you obviously have no clue how paypal works do you... Paypal has a "system" or computer program that controls everything and it has ultimate control and final say over all things. No human can override it. The employees are just there for light customer relations problems. As you know they cant ever help you with a problem and you will receive a different answer from each employee. The system is ran by algorithms that are fed into it with vast amounts of ever changing data that is "proprietary" knowone actually knows why or what the system will do. They just abide by it. Hope this helps shed some light on your issue. Have a good day.
Login to Me Too

Remylion
Contributor
Contributor
Quite the intelligent response. How does one comprehend anything you said. Sorry, i dont understand "hoot" talk.
Login to Me Too

BlakeV1
New Community Member

Had issues but seems to be working now, I disabled my add blocker

Login to Me Too

sound31
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. I find it quite assinine that you approve someone for a line of credit and then don't allow them to use it. What is the point? What a joke. Just say people are not eligible from the start so they can move on. Sometimes you just need a hand for a few things and you hope to be able to pay it off shortly. Nobody likes being in debt and if they had the money it would not be a problem. I like how the first reply to this post states that you can use another card. NO **bleep**!!!!!!! We are not stupid we were just looking for a hand that will eventually **bleep** us on the price of the thing we are buying anyway.

Login to Me Too

zukkaldbrk
New Community Member

They are the worst. They say they detect threats of security, I think they really need to up the logical thinking, If a customers wants to do a larger transaction within its limit, its because the customers wants and capable of doing so, the security threat they assume is some random nonsense.

PAYPAL REALLY NEEDS TO USE MORE LOGIC, I AM TRYING TO SPEND MONEY AND GIVE MONEY TO THEM BUT THEY ARE TOO NAIVE TO UNDERSTAND A SIMPLE LOGIC.

they care about risk rather than longevity, some would say its a cowardly business move.

Login to Me Too

Dvernon1

PayPal Credit is a joke. A hard pull on my credit for nothing. Got approved for $3,000 and can't use any of it. Every time I try to make a purchase the option to use the credit never shows up. When I call customer service, she tells me the transaction is "too risky". WHAT?? how does that even make sense? Why even approve me to use credit if you're going to flag every single transaction as too risky? I've tested using it on multiple different reputable businesses and still the same thing. She tells me it's probably because of the amount of the transaction ($1153) so I tested it on a transaction for only $50. The same thing, the credit option does not show up. PayPal Credit is completely useless don't even waste your time with this crap. All you're gonna get in the end is a lower credit score.

Login to Me Too

jmcm07
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely horrible credit line! Like all others, I applied, got approved, made a couple of purchases, even paid off the entire balance TWICE now. But for some reason I no longer have the option to use it. I will be switching my subscriptions and closing my credit line. This is ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.