PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Confusedbloke73
Contributor
Contributor
Had 2 places today the same item the credit got refunded with no explanation! Was fuming. Spent hours trying to get my orders to process then emails asking what had happened. No reason given just a refund back to PayPal credit. Not happy at al!!
Login to Me Too

mrkaykov
Contributor
Contributor

This is a bs solution, it did not answer the question, it did not solve the problem, it did NOT provide any solution. Every Bank and/or Creditor, literally in the entire world, has the same security systems, that automate risks of whether account activity is POSSIBLY (keyword here) Fraudulent, and so it stops any future transactions, UNTIL the account holder contacts the company to ask why was this stopped, theyd say "our system detected a security risk, BUT if this transaction is legitimate and was really done by you, we can override the hold, please verify your identity with the last 4 of your SSN, and we have sent a security code to your LINKED mobile number, please provide" and BOOM you VERIFIED, and the companies release it! This TWO factor authentication process, is successful!, So the fact that Paypal tells you that once their security detects a risk for some RANDOM reason, there is no way to remove the block it creates. I've spoke to literally 10 different Paypal reps, 6 from Paypal and 4 from Paypal Credit SYNCHRONY Bank. They all say "we don't know how long the block will remain for, as of now you CAN'T use your Credit Limit you were perfectly granted and approved for".

I had a few lawyers look into this, SINCE Synchrony Bank grants the credit limit, THEY are the ones taking the risk and therefore THEY should be the ones to decide whether or not there is a risk and if a block should remain. Paypal does not have the right to do anything with Paypal Credit, they are NOT the bank, so please kindly BACK THE **bleep** AWAY and let us use our RIGHTFULLY approved credit limit. If we miss a payment, Synchrony Bank suffers NOT YOU!. Lawyers say, this type of hold violates the Credit Cardholders Bill of Rights, for fairness of credit use from a institution. Synchrony Bank reps say, if you have a $3800 limit, you allowed to use ALL of the $3800, you were approved based on your credit worthiness, you FICO score and history. The risk has already been assessed when we APPLIED FOR THE CREDIT AND GOT **bleep** approved. Where in that process does Paypal have the right to stop this? They have no right! There's some insight on how stupid your automated system that blocks the actual company from accessing, its like the Hitler of automated systems saying "No! your locked in here forever" and your like "but WHY", Hitler System says "because you made a risky $20 purchase, and your limit is $5000, waaay too risky for us to allow your rightfully approved by bank and credit bureaus credit account". and you say "How long do I have to stay locked up in here", Hitler System says "I don't know, as long as I feel like, even though I'm not carefully programmed to think this far, my job is to block and never know any answer from here on". and we say "doesn't that make the using of the card useless? since i got approved for it, have a hard credit inquiry and dropped my score 4 points?". Hmm interesting, a system created by a team of people, CAN'T be accessed or modified by the ACTUAL TEAM of people. 🤥🤔 

PAYPAL GET WITH THE PROGRAM, YOU HAVE THIS POSTING SINCE 2017 and YOU STILL HAVEN'T RESOLVED THIS RANDOM **bleep** ISSUE!!

Login to Me Too

traluvsfrogss
Contributor
Contributor

It's now Christmas time and we are all still going through this crap with PayPal credit! I just wish I would have read all of these reviews before I let PayPal run my credit! I have a $3000 limit, but I can't purchase gifts from ANY store online! Have been dealing with this *#@& for over a month! 

Login to Me Too

Hilaryfox27
This isn't a solution made, it isn't even really answering the question. Unless you are saying that on places that promote pp credit as a payment option, they actually aren't safe to make transactions? Which is just silly? Like hey we have ice cream here with each purchase with a membership card! But oh, actually no icecream for you. I know you've used it and it's worked before but I can't really tell you a straight answer why but you can pay cash for the icecream! An open line of credit is an open line of credit. I've had pp credit for a few years no problem until this year.
Login to Me Too

Mjpittman7
New Community Member
I've used pay in 4 several times and never had an issue until something strange happened with a transaction I got approved for then merchant declined it. Now the option doesn't show up any more even with other merchants. Any idea how to rectify?
Login to Me Too

Starrceline
This is not that helpful. When I use PayPal and apps on my phone, it doesn’t give me a choice of payment method. So I assumed it was charging the credit card when I said that is the default, instead it deducted from my bank account overdrafted me without even warning me. Paypal isn’t safe to use for anything now on my phone. Only websites.
Login to Me Too

socratesdarius
Contributor
Contributor

paypal credit is not even working on sites it used to, like amazon, nutrisystem, macys, ebay, best buy. these are all websites I used to use this account for and now I cant 

Login to Me Too

GMorPC

This is exactly the opposite of helpful. How about you provide a workable solution instead of appoligizing. This thread has been open for more than a year. You've clearly approved all of these people for the credit line, but you have provided 0 options to actually use the thing you're selling. Re-enable the functionality to link the credit line to my Key and this wouldn't be an issue.

Login to Me Too

lostcabbage
Contributor
Contributor

What rubbish. Paypal Credit is a scam. Got approved and can't use the rubbish.

Login to Me Too

Hinsmeister

This does not answer the question at all.
Paypal credit can be refused if a certain risk is encountered...........such as??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.