PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

BedBlue
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing has been happening to me for a week now. One lady I talked to acted like I was stupid and didn’t know what I was talking about. I brought up the same point of the hard hit to my credit without being able to use it now. Should have just used my my own money, I regret doing this with all my heart. Thanks for making my holiday season a real Joy.....
Login to Me Too

Richlawncare
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the link i am going to for use it. Because this scam Paypal has going on with its credit is not only a pain but should be held accountable for the problems it causes not only financially but emotionally for example what has happened to me and my family. My son who is serving In the Army had got to come home from, Sirya were he had been deployed 8months ago and it only got approved at the last minute (two days before Christmas) so financially I was not prepared and i applied for PayPal credit to use toward some of my traveling expenses and was approved for $1300 which was to be a life saver for me . But as many others i was told i could not use it anywhere that i tried, inturn i only got to spend two days with my son who is fighting for are freedom that paypal single handly thrown back in our face by given us credit just to say no nevermind you cant be trusted. Paypal Sucks!!! Support our troops!!
Login to Me Too

Redklouds
Contributor
Contributor
Another possible fix for anyone who is facing this issue. Please have your representative check your return address and make sure they all check out I had this same issur and the rep told me it was because my address were pointed to some PO address ?? I tripped checked everything before reaching out but who knows have them validate all information on their end, after address fix my credit worked again. Best,
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515ab
Contributor
Contributor
I managed to finally make 3 purchases but now even those same places dont work. Has gotten so frustrating that soon as possible I will pay it off and close it. Stupid thing cost me several good sale items that were to be for Christmas. With the few purchases I was going to make, it was close to a thousand dollar savings that I cant get now. Paypal credit what is your solution? The only reason I done the credit was the add that said accepted anywhere PayPal is accepted!
Login to Me Too

zinoredoo
Contributor
Contributor
How were you able to make it work?
Login to Me Too

Taylertj123
Contributor
Contributor
It's literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Someone told me "have you ever heard of PayPal credit, you can apply and get accepted the same day!" I applied, got accepted, confirmed my bank account and even added my debit card. Yet I cant use payal credit anywhere. Talked on the phone for 3 hours trying to resolve it even talked to a synchrony bank rep and they said it looked fine. All the paypal people could tell me was that for security reasons I cannot use paypal credit. WHAT???? They ran a credit check I verified my bank account and put in my debit card!!! What else do you people need!!!! Makes absolutely no sense.... dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I have one other credit card that I got when I was 18. Applied. Got approved. Soon as I had the card I could use it on whatever I wanted to. PayPal is the worst thing I've ever tried to do.
Login to Me Too

MaryC32
Contributor
Contributor
That doesn't really explain how to fix the problem though.. and it really is quite a problem. PayPal Credit seems to see EVERY purchase or payment as a risk... It's quite frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Andrew_d54
That’s no help at all!! You extended the credit. .let us use it!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

JohnCA1
Contributor
Contributor
Olivia, It is absolutely ABSURD for this to be happening!! Your CEO Dan Schulman needs to understand that your company cannot survive without customers, and him being gone from American Express is the best thing that could have ever happened; now he is here running another scam show, and there is not ONE single vendor that we HAVE to use paypal to complete our purchases!! Your company is the most un-transparent group I have ever seen when it comes to giving out accurate information!! Let’s be very clear on ONE thing; the risk of any purchase made with PayPal Credit is borne solely with Synchrony Bank; they approve the line of credit, and if the customer fails to pay, that bank absorbs the loss, not paypal, so quit trying to convince people that this is a risk issue with paypal; That is an asinine statement!! I wish enough customers would get so fed up that they quit doing business with your company, and put you out of business!! It has happened to many other companies; it can certainly happen to your company!! I’m done!! BOYCOTT PAYPAL!!
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515ab
Contributor
Contributor
Spent hour on phone with "security " team member. She admitted that no one can assist. It is a computer program. Wouldnt admit to updates but did say that in last few months complaints and calls have reached a capacity they cant take care of
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.