PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Marccco
Contributor
Contributor

Huh PayPal really hard system 

Login to Me Too

BedBlue
Contributor
Contributor

Weshiemer22
The database that paypal recently migrated ALL OF THEIR INFORMATION (AN ABSOLUTE **bleep** TON) to is called Aerospike. Aerospike claims to be the leader in database functionality with mission critical data being analyzed at these amazing speeds. The problem is when you migrate all this existing information to a hybrid archetecture utilizing less nodes and avoiding server sprawl (all while promising the best in fraud deterent) your looking at a company who cant process the amount of data it claims to be able too. The way Aerospike functions so fast is by using solid state hard drives on server stacks that are said to be endlessly expandable and functional. They are overwhelmingly failing by causing endless false positives and over analyzing data that's irrelevant. obviously nobody has thought to change the **bleep**ing parameters but hey Aerospikes headquarters is right down the street from my office and maybe I'll get some dog **bleep**, put it In a bag that says paypal credit in Sharpe on the outside, light it on fire and pull the nearest fire alarm... problem wont be solved because all these people suck but we may get some retribution.
Login to Me Too

Marccco
Contributor
Contributor

Why not,i use two years and decline percentage rate 15

Login to Me Too

Jokersbella
I have had PayPal for about 6 years, and was approved for PayPal credit about 2 years ago. I was able to use the PayPal credit for about a year, then it wouldn't work anymore. The button would pop up still on certain sites, and would take me through the whole process in PayPal, I'd select credit. Then the site would either say there is an error, repeating if I try again, forcing me to select my card on file. Or, the site will say that it is all approved and take me through checkout,but when the transaction posted it wouldn't take the credit as I had selected and was approved on, instead it posts to my card on file. I can no longer trust PayPal, which sucks since I've been a member for a long time.
Login to Me Too

tombb25
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue I am having, I have been a member for 9 years, I have 5k in credit, 6 months 0%.  Used it once, paid it off and it no longer approves anymore for anything.  I have a 750 credit rating, no reason to have any issues and it just doesn't work anymore.  Paypal is just broken unfortunately, no surprise.

Login to Me Too

Norabest
Please this is not helpful for me, I can't use any of my PayPal to do any transaction. My frist PayPal I can't even log in, I have try changing the password but still not working, they say they cannot let me login, why? No answer. Now this one I can't even use it to transfer money to my friends and family. Someone should help please 🙏
Login to Me Too

datacreed
Contributor
Contributor

So does the "risk" level detected have something (or nothing) to do with one's credit score, because my score is very high but it's still NOT working??

Maybe you should remove the following statement from my Wallet screen:

"PayPal works without a balance

No kidding! You can still use PayPal to shop or send money when your balance is zero."

end-quote

Then again, all of us who fall for the concept of credit cards to begin with are better off without them, as it just feeds PayPal's bottom line

when interest charges come due.   I wish everyone knew this and budgeted accordingly.   Not worth it folks.

That is all.  Carry on.

2020-08-05

Login to Me Too

Apparently PayPal has an "algorithm" that can't be overridden that determines how much you are allowed to spend based on "their experience with you."  If you get the credit account (like I did), for a new laptop purchase, the account will not be available to you. 

Login to Me Too

Welcome to "You are cancelled and will never be a service I use in the future"-land.

The terms on your links are misleading at best and criminal at worst.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.