PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Lostboy666
Contributor
Contributor
I'm also baffled at how I could be approved for 3000 of credit and then its not working on a damn thing. I think whoever did allow me this line of credit is just plain mean. Am I wrong?
Login to Me Too

BillyBoothman28
Contributor
Contributor

what an absolute joke this is! why let us have a credit account to use then not let us use it. only on lower payments which get apr added to its **bleep**! another way of making money off people and getting them in debt. WELL DONE PAYPAL THANKS FOR YOUR **bleep** SERVICE

Login to Me Too

Blucy45
Contributor
Contributor
I have Paypal credit too. I’ve had it for a couple months. I pay it off within 30 days of purchasing something but tried to purchase something on Amazon last night and it didn’t work. Hasn’t worked for a lot of things. I don’t get it.
Login to Me Too

Annoyed1234
Contributor
Contributor
They're disputing my desire to buy some spaghetti for Christ's sake! I sent myself $1.00 (to a separate PayPal acct.) And that went through, lol, thanks PayPal for letting me know my value.
Login to Me Too

Barclaybass
Its mean and effing RIDICULOUS to give u a supposed line of credit then not let you EVER use it!!
Login to Me Too

Nappynono
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal credit is nothing but a bootleg credit card that can only be used when they say. One day you can use it and the next day you can't. What kind of bootleg fake credit card is this. Ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

MPsoldier
Contributor
Contributor
That's a poor way to provide this service, or whatever you want to call it. So I have my credit checked, get approved, yet still have to jump through hoops just to use it. Also what kind of creditor decides what you can and cannot use your credit for? No wonder not many people have this app anymore.
Login to Me Too

DeeDeeJenkins
Contributor
Contributor
So basically you're saying they are scamming us dropping our credit scores an can't use it . I read all the small writing an this wasn't there . So I shall report them tomorrow to the federal Trade Commission. An talk to a lawyer on grounds of fraud . Thanks for the info
Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
If this is true, why do they approve you and why did it allow me to use it initially for $1000???? Makes no sense.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515ab
Contributor
Contributor
Then why offer the credit and approve it? Guess I am done with paypal. Will be paying off papypal credit as soon as I can and dumping it also!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.