PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Ltanksley
Contributor
Contributor
No it's a scam..I've had a 2500 limit for atleast 5 months can't spend $1 at any PayPal credit merchant, send or receive money, gift cards, payments nothing
Login to Me Too

Ratfinx
Contributor
Contributor
I’m just now seeing where moderator Olivia’s post was actually listed as a “solution” on this thread. What a joke! It’s like she just copied and pasted the same bs you hear from PayPal credit customer service, which is of course, as you can read in every single post, FAR FROM A SOLUTION! I haven’t even bothered to try to call customer service the past few times I wanted/tried to use PayPal credit... what a pain in the **bleep**! Imagine having to spend a minimum of 30 minutes on the phone with you credit card company attempting to get permission to make a purchase when you’re within you’re limit, no payments due, no late payments. Now imagine spending 30 minutes on the phone with them, only for the operator to tell you that the item you wanted, which was advertised as being eligible for PayPal credit payments, that item is suddenly and mysteriously unavailable through PayPal credit because of some mysterious “risk” that has been determined. “Well sir, I can tell you that it’s not the item, and it’s not the seller, but I can’t tell you exactly why this was flagged as a risk, because then people could take measures to get around that.” Yeah, this is a joke, it’s insulting, and the customer service responses treat the customers like we’re stupid.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I have stopped trying to use paypal credit period. It's a complete joke. Funny thing is, in my case it allowed me to use it 1 time, for $1000 dollars but now I cant even use it for $5...... and no it isnt the merchant. I tried to buy a gift card from paypal with it and I couldnt. Lol. I encourage everyone to never use paypal credit. The service is the same as their customer service reps;worthless
Login to Me Too

JohnCA1
Contributor
Contributor
When enough people quit using this pathetic joke of a company, it will cease to exist!!
Login to Me Too

annoyedgirl05
I agree completely. I've said the same exact thing. I've had an active account with American express since I was 18 (I'm 25, now). I applied, was approved, made all my payments on time and had no issues. I wouldn't use any sort of credit if I had to get permission to purchase something because the company decided they wanted to be my financial advisor and not my credit company. I have a good credit score. I'm well aware of how risky something is and what I can or can't afford to purchase. Their customer service is bad all around. Not just through the credit department, but every department I've spoken to. It's truly a joke. I called to update my phone number and the lady asked me what I needed to use my account for, then said because I was making a purchase I wouldn't need to update my phone number. I told her "it doesn't matter if I just want to make a purchase now, I need to be able to access my paypal account and currently I can not." Of course, I was transferred to someone else, because apparently no one who is employed for customer service is actually able to provide customer service. I'm completely done with PayPal. Honestly, I've been using zelle. Not only is it linked directly to my bank, but I haven't had a single issue with sending or transferring money, nor customer service. Compared to the 15+ issues I've had with paypal that never came to an appropriate resolution. Maybe when they start losing all of their clients they'll decided to implement a new business model, because this one just isn't working.
Login to Me Too

annoyedgirl05
Olivia, what is the point of even offering paypal credit if it can't be used for anything? I just genuinely want to understand. When I applied for my credit card, I was approved, and haven't had any issue using it. I wasn't told "you're approved, but just know that we decided we're going to determine if we think something you're trying to purchase is too risky." I didn't sign up for paypal to have a financial advisor. I signed up for paypal to simply send money, easily (turns out it's really not so easy because this system is terribly flawed and HORRIBLE for the consumer) and be done with it. I truly think that you and your co-workers, as employees should bring a lot of these customer concerns to management's attention. It really would be such a shame to lose a lot of customers because of the terrible polices and regulations that are currently in place. Hope you have a good day!
Login to Me Too

Ltanksley
Contributor
Contributor

DevOG422

ABSOLUTELY <removed> BOGUS I SINCERELY HATE PAYPAL WITH A PASSION RIGHT NOW!!! NOBODY ABSOLUTELY NOBODY SHOULD HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE WE ARE ALL HAVING. IT LITERALLY DOESNT MAKE SENSE AT ALL!!!!! YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOLS ARE WORTHLESS AND UNCALLED FOR!!! HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE A REAL PERSON THAT CAN BYPASS A <removed> COMPUTER PROTOCOL... I CALL <removed>!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Monicahe
Can u give an example of what is PayPal credit consider a risk for not allowed to use in a purchase?
Login to Me Too

MissWhitee
That was NOT an answer or solution. 743 people hit "me too" so it's obviously a huge issue. There's only 2 solutions.. ..1) Accept the fact your credit was hit for a soft inquiry, you were given credit that really isn't true credit..IF it was ..743 people wouldn't be having the same issue. 2) Do something about it. Can we start a class action lawsuite? PayPal " use your credit balance whenever you need it". That's not happening..false advertising.. . Is there something in the small print in the terms and conditions ? File a formal complaint File online at www.consumerfinance.gov/Complaint. Call the toll-free phone number at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] . Us as consumers are protected and have rights for big companies financially abusing us....offer us a line of credit. Say we can use it " whenever we need to" but do not allow us to use it" whenever we need" or at ALL! Complaining to PayPal obviously has no effect. I was given a 4,800$ credit line, after sending in my licence for identity verification.. but, just like the other 743 people.. .cannot use it. At ALL! Let's not keep complaining..let's do something about it and force PayPal to hold them to their words .offers...extensions of credit and treat us fairly, Either we don't get it and are t approved. .or we are approved for a line of credit and can use it " whenever we need it" PayPal is mentally abusive controlling, narcistic, and very dysfunctional ..we are the victims. It's time we stand United against their finincially manupliative practices.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.