cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Not working for anything

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit Not working for anything

I didn't apply for it, I didn't go looking for it, I opened a paypal account and they offered it to me.... that's whys I feel it ito is very frustrating to have been offered this and not let me use it... had I sought it out then I could understand that but I did not go looking for it.... they offered it to me and I accepted it.
Contributor

Hm, PayPal offered their credit to me, just dangling this useless carrot in front of me is slightly odd and rather cruel, especially at Christmastime.

I am so glad I'm not the only person incredibly frustrated by this ridiculous

system they have put in place. When I e-mailed Paypal I got this lame 

response about security protocol and some bull, so basically this was

their way of saying we don't trust you and even though the money

is sitting there, you're too low down the food chain to use it.

I have never been interested in a credit card. I have sometimes got credit

through a distributer, however I am tempted to get a PROPER credit card

as a poke in the eye to these clowns. Shambles concept. 

Tags (1)
Contributor

I'm also baffled at how I could be approved for 3000 of credit and then its not working on a damn thing. I think whoever did allow me this line of credit is just plain mean. Am I wrong?
Tags (2)
Contributor

what an absolute joke this is! why let us have a credit account to use then not let us use it. only on lower payments which get apr added to its **bleep**! another way of making money off people and getting them in debt. WELL DONE PAYPAL THANKS FOR YOUR **bleep** SERVICE

I have Paypal credit too. I’ve had it for a couple months. I pay it off within 30 days of purchasing something but tried to purchase something on Amazon last night and it didn’t work. Hasn’t worked for a lot of things. I don’t get it.
Contributor

They're disputing my desire to buy some spaghetti for Christ's sake! I sent myself $1.00 (to a separate PayPal acct.) And that went through, lol, thanks PayPal for letting me know my value.
Contributor

That's a poor way to provide this service, or whatever you want to call it. So I have my credit checked, get approved, yet still have to jump through hoops just to use it. Also what kind of creditor decides what you can and cannot use your credit for? No wonder not many people have this app anymore.
Highlighted
Contributor

So basically you're saying they are scamming us dropping our credit scores an can't use it . I read all the small writing an this wasn't there . So I shall report them tomorrow to the federal Trade Commission. An talk to a lawyer on grounds of fraud . Thanks for the info
Contributor

If this is true, why do they approve you and why did it allow me to use it initially for $1000???? Makes no sense.