PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Sergekal
Contributor
Contributor

wrong. I have paypal since 2007 and credit line for like 4 years, have this issue for 6 month now. cant select paypal credit as method of payment.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230515u
New Community Member

i called then about the same issue. My accnt is new but cant use it or it won't show as available credit on my reports. Rep told me to do small purchases to build a transaction history. I'll see if that works. I've used it with groupon, eat24, and such.

Login to Me Too

Euanmckie
Contributor
Contributor
It's a load of rubbish. I have an account and have had for decades. I have spent thousands and and sold hundreds. I have been approved and have 3000 available credit shown but it still doesn't work.
Login to Me Too

MPsoldier
Contributor
Contributor
Wow! After hearing that if I still can't use it after about 5 days I'm deleting it.
Login to Me Too

Farmakis
New Community Member

I have the same problem! They want me to see do more activity on the account, well how can I, if they keep denying it! 

Login to Me Too

Annoyed1234
Contributor
Contributor
Lucky you! It's not allowing me to make a $27 Eat24 purchase *huffs* I only wanted to use it because I'm $3 shy in cash! Lame.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515w

Has that worked for you?

Login to Me Too

Leapealatte
Contributor
Contributor
I attempted to use my PayPal credit for Sephora also for loot crate and selected PayPal credit on both and it still used my balance how annoying. I need to get some inf9 why it isn't working?
Login to Me Too

Xxfangirlxx7
I'm having this sane issue. My credit is great. And all because I sold something on eBay and the buyer claimed to not buy it, I have a negitive amount and now have become ineligible it seems to use it. Which makes no sense because they offered it to me while my balance was still negitive. I got it because I have my eyes on an item that's $115 and the 6 months to pay is awesome. But now I took an unnecessary hit to my credit score because I was unaware I wouldn't be able to use it. This is absolute bs.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515v
New Community Member

Agreed, PayPal Credit is a joke. PayPal in general is a joke. I was approved for credit, jumped through hoops to get it to work: double-checked addresses, names, dates, still nothing works. Called customer support at least 3 times, each time getting the same answer. "We see you've been approved, but we can't tell you why it won't work. Check your information". I did, a lot.

Now I can't even alter my information (street names, zip codes, etc.). I get an error message.

I can't load money onto my account because it gives me another error message (no code), and I can't use PayPal Credit for the smallest transactions ($6). Totally regret giving PayPal a shot, and I will sing to the heavens how terrible it is for the rest of my life. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.