PayPal Credit Negative Balance.

Shahrukh2
New Community Member

Basically I had ordered a watch and used PayPal Credit for it.  I had paid the balance off with in a couple of days and then the watch that I  had did not work properly, so I returned it. 

On returning it I was issued a full refund and they had to refund it back to PayPal Credit. Not a problem until when I checked and shows I owe money to PayPal Credit. How can this be so??

I have kept an eye on it and I do have a bank account linked to the PayPal Credit and its not even been returned to my bank but rather that off showing that I owe money.

So I am wondering if there is anyway to claim this money as to be honest its hard work getting in contact with PayPal with trying to call them etc..  And has anyone else had a similar problem that as been resolved? All your help would be appreciated, truthfully. 

Kind Regards

Shahrukh. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shahrukh2 

No, a negative balance on a credit line means that the creditor, PayPal Credit, owes you money. 🙂 If you do not use the credit in a couple of billing cycles, PayPal Credit will issue a refund on the billing cycle after that and then cut you a cheque or perhaps PayPal you the amount refunded, whatever their policy may be.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shahrukh2 

No, a negative balance on a credit line means that the creditor, PayPal Credit, owes you money. 🙂 If you do not use the credit in a couple of billing cycles, PayPal Credit will issue a refund on the billing cycle after that and then cut you a cheque or perhaps PayPal you the amount refunded, whatever their policy may be.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BKFKM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have the exact same issue. My refund to PayPal credit account is showing negative balance. Could you please let me know how quickly the money was refunded to your regular PayPal account/bank account? Impossible getting hold of PayPal right now. Thank you very much for your help in advance. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.