PayPal Credit Charges

AndyH_88
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item through PayPal Credit via scan.co.uk, everything I went through told me what monthly payments were and I was led to believe I went into a credit agreement and setup a payment scheme of the quoted payments. Now I've just had an email saying I've not made the first payment and have incurred a 12gbp late payment fee. I've never used PayPal credit before, should I have set up a completely separate payment plan through this site myself?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyH_88 

If you paid for an item/service with PayPal Credit, then you only paid the merchant with it but didn't pay your PayPal Credit account bill so yes, you would have to make a single payment or set up an automatic payment via bank account direct debit, debit card, or PayPal balance with your PayPal Credit account.

Go to your Wallet and click PayPal Credit on the left, to access the account features shown on the right.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AndyH_88
Contributor
Contributor
Ridiculous that something like that wasn't made clear to me. I was completely convinced the payment plan was setup in order to take the money from paypal. Does this type of thing affect credit scores?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.