PayPal Credit -Argos Ltd

Ekcd18
Contributor
Contributor
Ive used the Argos website to purchase something using paypal credit. I was given no order number at the end of the process so contacted Argos customer service. They advised it was a ghost order caused by a glitch in their system, and that the money would return within 48 hours. The payment is showing (twice) as pending on paypal. I’ve emailed paypal twice with the query since the 23rd Jan and have had no response and it’s still showing. Any idea how I get this cancelled?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekcd18

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ekcd18
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I’ll hold out for the 30 days and see what happens 🙂
Login to Me Too

April65
New Community Member
Ordered an expensive item from Argos - PayPal payment taken from bank account straight away - no confirmation from Argos. Went to pick up item - no joy . Really unimpressed. “It’s a ghost order” . The money will be returned to your account in 5 days... this is not good enough... They even suggested I reorder the product before I got the refund! It’s a shame PayPal can’t help in this situation...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.