Pay Pal Credit Question

Nextuser
Contributor
Contributor

Iv had a line of credit with Pay Pal Credit for several months now. Does the issuing bank report this account report to the credit agencies?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nextuser 

No but if you default and debt is sent to collections the collection agency may report it,

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nextuser
Contributor
Contributor
Ah. Good to know. I was hoping the PP line of credit would add to my total available. Doubt I would be able transfer the Balance from my PP Card onto this account. That would be pretty sweet.
Login to Me Too

lilmisschris
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal credit has always been a "hidden" tradeline, however, those with Paypal Credit accounts received updated terms last month that while Synchrony has owned the accounts since last year, they will begin servicing them in June (I believe 6/23).  It clearly states that they MAY report to the credit bureaus.  And they will definitely report late or missing payments (there was quite a change in terms, everything from increased late fees to higher APR's).  Apparently, new PPC accounts are being reported already to all 3 CB's (PPC accounts, not the PP credit card which already report and are a separate product).  So things could change between now and September and they may start reporting all PPC accounts to the CB's.  My concern is if they report it as a revolving account, that would be deceiving since PPC acts as a line of credit, not a revolving account.  It will be interesting for sure to see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.