PP available Credit

dlschuch
Contributor
Contributor

I am having an issue with my available credit.

I am always loading up my PP Credit because I use it to purchase supplies for my business. It doesn't get credited as fast as I would prefer but it gets there. One thing is for certain, it has never been posted to the balance without my available credit line reflecting that adjustment.

I made a$250 payment on Nov. 2.

On Nov 4 my credit balance reflected the $250 payment, but my 'available' credit did not.

I contacted Cs and was told it was because my payment was still pending.

It cleared my bank so i called again. Cs said it would not be available until my new billing cycle Nov 19 which almost gave me a heart attack because had that always been the case I would have paid my minimum due and set those extra funds aside so i could have access to them. And I would have made the larger payments closer to my billing cycle.

I asked to speak to her supervisor who assured me that was 100% incorrect and those funds would be available on Nov.7.

Of course he said the rep needed to be "schooled" but frankly since I started using Paypal 8 years ago, I have gotten used to being told all kinds of crazy things when the rep is obviously clueless, This seems to be procedure.

Last evening I received notice that my payment cleared and posted and my credit line is now available ...

...but it's not.

I missed out on an incredible deal that could have saved me $60. 
Anyone have an idea about my next logical step?

thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlschuch wrote:

I am having an issue with my available credit.

I am always loading up my PP Credit because I use it to purchase supplies for my business. It doesn't get credited as fast as I would prefer but it gets there. One thing is for certain, it has never been posted to the balance without my available credit line reflecting that adjustment.

I made a$250 payment on Nov. 2.

On Nov 4 my credit balance reflected the $250 payment, but my 'available' credit did not.

I contacted Cs and was told it was because my payment was still pending.

It cleared my bank so i called again. Cs said it would not be available until my new billing cycle Nov 19 which almost gave me a heart attack because had that always been the case I would have paid my minimum due and set those extra funds aside so i could have access to them. And I would have made the larger payments closer to my billing cycle.

I asked to speak to her supervisor who assured me that was 100% incorrect and those funds would be available on Nov.7.

Of course he said the rep needed to be "schooled" but frankly since I started using Paypal 8 years ago, I have gotten used to being told all kinds of crazy things when the rep is obviously clueless, This seems to be procedure.

Last evening I received notice that my payment cleared and posted and my credit line is now available ...

...but it's not.

I missed out on an incredible deal that could have saved me $60. 
Anyone have an idea about my next logical step?

thanks 

Not sure what can be done to have them release the credit faster after payment, maybe add funds to your PayPal Balance first and pay with the balance.

"Please allow up to 8 days for your payment to reflect on your available credit."

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/when-will-my-paypal-credit-payment-post-faq2844

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-make-a-paypal-credit-payment-faq447

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.