PP Credit limit £5000, but being offered to pay by PPC for a £8000 purchase

mp321
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I have a PayPal credit limit of £5000.

I am going to purchase an item that is just under £8000.

On the checkout page, I am being offered to pay with PayPal credit, with the 0% for 4 months offer.

Does anyone know how this will work if I choose PayPal credit and complete the purchase?

- Have I effectively been offered a new limit of £8000, which will come into effect after I complete the purchase.  If this is the case, would there be another credit check?

- Or, will £5000 be paid by PayPal credit and the rest will come from another payment method (My preferred maybe?)

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hello there, @mp321

Thank you for your post! 

I'm happy to hear that you have been offered the 0% interest offer! PayPal Credit has three different ways it can be used. You can use it to make normal purchases, installment plans, and other low interest promotions. The accounts will all be managed from your PayPal Credit portal. You can visit your PayPal Credit portal by logging into PayPal and clicking on PayPal Credit. Our website has some great information on these payment options. Although your credit limit is £5000, you can still submit the purchase to see if you will be extended a higher credit limit. 

I hope this information proves to be helpful!

Thank you,

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.