PAYPAL CREDIT

Ann2016
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I was charged a fee from my bank for withdrawing overdraft because I wanted to use PayPal credit and thought that is what Paypal was going to do instead of withdraw money from my accountI want to use PayPal credit instead of having Paypal draw money out of my bank account for example when I Want to reload my Starbucks card or make a payment online so how do I make this request or is there an option somewhere in PayPal menu to switch to PayPal credit directly instead of using money from my bank account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Nick

Hi @Ann2016,

I'm sorry to hear you had a transaction charge to the wrong payment source. Here's how to set a preferred payment source, https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-my-preferred-payment-method-faq1054. Please note some merchants such as Starbucks use billing agreements. Billing agreement purchases do not necessarily pull from your account preferred payment method. For each individual billing agreement, you'll have to manually select which payment method you want to use. So, if the incorrect payment method is charged during a billing agreement purchase and you'd like to request a refund, please contact the seller. To avoid this from happening, please ensure to update your payment method preference on billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments.

~Nick

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Nick

Hi @Ann2016,

I'm sorry to hear you had a transaction charge to the wrong payment source. Here's how to set a preferred payment source, https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-my-preferred-payment-method-faq1054. Please note some merchants such as Starbucks use billing agreements. Billing agreement purchases do not necessarily pull from your account preferred payment method. For each individual billing agreement, you'll have to manually select which payment method you want to use. So, if the incorrect payment method is charged during a billing agreement purchase and you'd like to request a refund, please contact the seller. To avoid this from happening, please ensure to update your payment method preference on billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments.

~Nick
Login to Me Too

midweststylist
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! i’m having a similar issue. I have PayPal set on Poshmark as my preferred purchasing method and on PayPal I have my actual PayPal Credit set as my preferred. i’ve noticed that all of my Poshmark “paypal” purchases are being pulled from my BMO Harris card that is linked to my PayPal and not to my Credit. it only happens with Poshmark as we are purchasing from like J.Crew or banana republic when I utilize my PayPal it automatically goes on my PayPal credit which is how I have it set up. i’m super confused as to why this is happening considering I have it set correctly for purchases with PayPal to use the Credit and NOT directly from my bank card. confusing and frustrating as I literally just caught it checking my bank statements. Help!
Login to Me Too

goldcoast7
New Community Member

Hi Nick, I made the change to Paypal Credit in the  "Your preferred way to pay" section of Payments on the the Paypal site after clicking on Settings. I was told by a PP Credit customer service rep that by making this change, the payment would be debited from the available PP Credit account not my bank account. However the bank account was charged causing an overdraft. Please confirm that I can used the Paypal Credit account for online purchases. Thank you, Stu

Login to Me Too

goldcoast7
New Community Member

I was told to go to settings then scroll down to Your preferred way to pay and click on change and select Pay Pal Credit. I was led to believe that the charge would be debited against my PP Credit account balance but instead it was charged against my bank account which overdrew the account. Was this your experience and if so did you find a solution? Thanks Stu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.