PAYPAL CREDIT & AIRBNB

UNCBUCK01
Contributor
Contributor

I require a definitive answer

Can you use PAYPAL CREDIT to pay on AIRBNB ?

When I open the link that is sent from AIRBNB only my cards are listed, no option for CREDIT !

Why is this ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

cuky
New Community Member

My understanding is that it is Airbnb that stopped allowing PayPal Credit. Very frustrating, especially when you are not notified of the changes and then you choose to pay with PayPal waiting for the credit option to appear and what happens is they immediately charge your regular account and take out the money. Both Airbnb and PayPal are negligent in not informing customers of this change.  I had booked many times with PayPal credit until recently.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

cytexan
New Community Member

I recently booked two different AirBnB homes using their two payment option and Paypal as payment.  I could select Paypal Credit and did so.  However, the next day Paypal charged my bank account instead.  There are other blogs that have complaints about this too.  I have never had any trouble like this in the past.  I tried to use Paypal Credit to take advantage of the extended payments for large purchases.  Seems that won't be the case.

Login to Me Too

raulealfaro
Contributor
Contributor
Me too now. I don't understand... all this time even my last stay in March, I have been using PayPal credit for Airbnb, it always worked, until now. when I noticed it was taken from my PayPal balance. I called PayPal they told me they can't do anything, I called AirBnB, they did refund me back but they want to redo the transaction but now I have two PayPal accounts in my options for payment, not one PayPal credit. How ever the reservation still stands. S. O. L
Login to Me Too

jbetts
Contributor
Contributor

I guess this isn't resolved because I had the same exact problem this week and it was genuinely painful to go through with customer service and couldn't be resolved. They had to cancel the whole thing and start over, I paid with a credit card instead because there was no way to choose Paypal credit. 

Login to Me Too

280chevzy
New Community Member
Has PayPal ever answers this question?
Login to Me Too

UNCBUCK01
Contributor
Contributor
Never been answered . Doubt if anyone from PP ever reads this anyway
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your questions about the availability of PayPal Credit in the checkout with a specific merchant. I hope to help shed some light on things.

Each transaction is evaluated by the PayPal system prior to determining what payment methods will be presented. Multiple factors are considered. There are times where a specific payment method will not be presented. In those cases, the options are to either wait to try the payment on a different date, complete the payment with a different payment method,  or contact PayPal for additional troubleshooting if the issue persists.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

UNCBUCK01
Contributor
Contributor
Olivia. Posted this on 12th Nov 18. At least it has been seen by PayPal but your answer is not very good , or clear ! My question is very specific and aimed at you and no doubt one of your biggest users Airbnb. So just a straightforward answer will do.. why am I unable to use PayPal Credit when using Airbnb ? And before you state the above again.. tried all of the above.. numerous times !
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @UNCBUCK01,

I appreciate your reply. Each situation is different. This would have to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by a customer service representative. I'm sorry that there isn't an easy answer that would apply to every transaction.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

UNCBUCK01
Contributor
Contributor
Well.. maybe this is the chance to investigate and resolve. It is not isolated. So it is very simple. Why carnt we use PayPal credit when using Airbnb ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.