No Access to PayPal Credit, Debit Card, Bank Account and asking for new card imput

skookum
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is absolutely horrible, my business account was offered PayPal Credit, got approved, tried to purchase something and the PayPal credit wasn't offered, I was told (after being on hold for an hour and twenty-three minutes) it was the merchant and that the system had probability that I would not receive the items being purchased, I stated that was impossible, I was at the merchant's location and the product was in front of me.

They told me to try other merchants, so I go to Hewlett Packard, Hobby Lobby, WalMart and even a government site that accepts PayPal, and lo and behold, it (PayPal Checkout) did not offer the PayPal Credit option, it also said that my other forms of payment were not available.

I called they stated I needed to submit documents, I did and that got resolved supposedly, (even though I had done so previously) so still being denied access.

I contacted Synchrony Bank, they stated that there were absolutely no issues what-so-ever with my credit line, nor my credit standing with them as I have other accounts with them with other merchants and I am not having any issues with them.

So I actually had Synchrony Bank contact PayPal in a conference call and they stated to them the situation and this guy with security was really rude (Alex) and was totally unhelpful and talked down to me like I was the one at issue, so I stated to him that basically he was denying me credit or access to my credit line and that by law (Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Credit Billing Act) he had to give me the specific reasons as to why, he stated that if I read my terms of service I would see that they did not have to give a reason. I explained to him that his terms of service could not in any way supercede nor infringe upon the boundries of the law.

Still not resolved... I am very interested in everyone that is experiencing this problem as it seems like a good class action against PayPal and Synchrony Bank.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skookum 

Was this a new PPC account? If so, then you may have to make some successfully completed purchases with your linked funding sources so the system will have something to go on when deciding whether to offer you PayPal Credit at checkout. Most merchant won't know you're paying with PayPal Credit, all they're concerned with is whether they get paid or not. If the merchant is sending you an invoice though, they can enable PayPal Credit on their invoices but that still doesn't necessarily mean you will be offered PPC at checkout because PayPal reserves the right restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstances of your transaction. They have risk rules based on various factors that have impact your use of PPC. I understand that you're not able to use your linked funding source and that could be a separate security issue. Leave the account alone for a few days as a buffer zon4 so the security system can reset/cool down and gingerly try to make a purchase with your linked funding sources. Don't blow the account up and force it because the system will lock up to protect itself. This is software, take it easy on it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Taylertj123
Contributor
Contributor
Literally having the same problem. PayPal says that paypal credit is accepted anywhere paypal is. Funny thing is they wont let you use it at all. Even though they did a soft inquiry on my credit!!!! Spent 3 hours on the phone and even talked to a synchrony bank rep who told me everything looked fine and that I should be able to use it. Finally after that I got transferred back to a paypal rep thinking i finally got it resolved. Only for him to tell me that for "security reasons" I cannot use paypal credit at this time. LIKE WHAT??? THE BANK LITERALLY JUST TOLD ME EVERYTHING IS FINE. I'm so mad that I even decided to try this out. How can you offer somebody a line of credit and then not allow them to use it at all?? I was literally trying to make a pickup order from wal mart and I can't do that for security reasons? Well then paypal what can i use your stupid credit for???
Login to Me Too

skookum
Contributor
Contributor
I literally just tried a simple $6.59 purchase from Office Depot, it actually let me get further but when it came down to placing final order it said with office depot this time to change payment option as there was a problem with paypal payment option. I'm calling the FTC tomorrow, and the banking regulator in which ever state PayPal is licensed in if they cannot get this resolved or give me a definitive answer as to why.
Login to Me Too

Taylertj123
Contributor
Contributor
Let me know how it goes. I think it's absolutely absurd that they can pick and choose when or what you can use YOUR line of credit on. Even when I have verified everything I can I still cant use it. Like I'm not even trying to rack it up or blow it all at once I was trying to buy groceries and diapers. Seriously the craziest thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. Their customer service is useless as well. Good luck tomorrow.
Login to Me Too

skookum
Contributor
Contributor
After long discussion with both synchrony and PayPal, I was told to wait 48 hours then try again, I was told that they escalated to level Q and I just tried after 50 hours with the $6.59 purchase from office Depot and it worked. I haven't tried anything else yet but if there are any issues I will let you know.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.