Misleading ads from paypal

sammysp
Contributor
Contributor

on 2nd dec an ad popped up on ebay for £20 reward on purchase of £40 using paypal credit. On click of the ad I received below details . I bought few goods of more than £50 using paypal credit but I didn't get any email and no reward was given. It seems to me that paypal is resorting to misleading ads to incite customers in buying. If they know that first 6000 limit is reached then they should stop the ads. And horrible customer service. Calling customer service get into all the option with no one to speak to. Added message in message center but closed the thread abruptly. 

"You’ve completed the first step! Now apply for a PayPal Credit account and if you’re accepted, spend £40 to get your £20 reward.*
Get PayPal Credit
Please note: To be eligible for this offer, you must have clicked on a PayPal Credit banner through eBay inviting you to enrol.
*Only the first 6,000 qualifying customers will receive the £20 reward. See the Terms and Conditions below for full details."

Terms and Conditions:
The competition will run from 6:00am on 19th November 2019 to 11:59pm on 3rd December 2019 (the "Competition Period").
The first 6,000 customers to:
click on the PayPal Credit banner shown on Ebay; and
open a PayPal Credit account (using any of the ‘Get PayPal Credit' links on this page), within the Competition Period will be enrolled in the offer.
Of those first 6,000 customers referred to at 2., only those who then spend £40 or more on one basket within the Competition Period, using PayPal Credit as a funding source (a "Qualifying Transaction"), will be rewarded with £20 off a PayPal transaction (the "Reward").
Customers who meet the criteria set-out at 2. and 3. will receive an email confirming they have qualified for the Reward on or around 4th December 2019.
Once the reward has been allocated to a customer’s PayPal account it will be applied to the first PayPal transaction of £20 or above made by the customer, irrespective of the funding source used. Please be advised that any un-used portion of your £20 Reward allocated to your account will expire on the 19th November 2020.
The competition is only open to customers who have a UK PayPal account in good standing.
There is a limit of one Qualifying Transaction per PayPal Credit account.
The Reward is strictly limited to the first 6,000 customers that complete a Qualifying Transaction and is not transferrable.
The Reward cannot be combined with any other voucher, offer, discount or promotion code and may not be redeemed for cash.
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, PayPal may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude customers from participating in the competition.
PayPal reserves all rights to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, but not limited to, the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and customers submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
**The minimum payment due still applies to 0% offer balances. Any remaining balance due after the 4-month promotional period or any transactions under £99 will be charged interest at 19.9% p.a. (variable). In order to maintain the 0% offer, you need to keep up monthly repayments and stay within your credit limit. Credit subject to status. Terms and conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal Credit is trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sammysp 

If it clearly states the first 6000 then its up to you if you want to try and be in that 6000 or not, you decide if you want to take the risk or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sammysp 

If it clearly states the first 6000 then its up to you if you want to try and be in that 6000 or not, you decide if you want to take the risk or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.