Miscellaneous Adjustment?

flblondguy76
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had some expiring special financing purchases with deferred interest so to avoid paying the interest I made a regular payment to paypal credit and then after I made the payment I asked paypal credit to allocate the money and use it to pay teh special financing purchases in full so I would not be charged the deferred interest. Now correct me if I am wrong but when you pay something off shouldn't it credit to your account and increase your available credit? 

Ok here's the thing, Paypal debited a miscellaneous adjustment to my account  in the same exact amount of the payment I made to pay the expiring special financing purchases and I have asked paypal numerous times to explain the adjustment and they cant tell me why. This has happened 2 months in a row now. Is paypal allowed to just debit to my account for an unknown reason and not tell me why? This does not make any sense, my account should have been credited the amount and all is well with the special financing purchases made.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

octogarden
Contributor
Contributor
I, too, have requested this to no avail. I just made $500 in payments last month and then see that my balance went up! $200 "payment adjustment". As far as I can see...researching online, a LOT of people are experiencing this but NO ONE is acutally answering why it's happening. I'm calling today!
Login to Me Too

octogarden
Contributor
Contributor
P.S. I realize that this is a community forum, so, "answers" y'all may not have. I think what everyone is looking for is anyone who has possibly dealt with and resolved this issue. I know I am. Thanks in advance for any "answers".
Login to Me Too

ln1231
New Community Member

Hi! I am experiencing the same thing. I asked last week that a payment of $225 be allocated to a specific payment expiring in September. The balance on that purchase has gone down but now there are two "misc adjustments" listed under my Special Financing Purchases. They told me on live chat this morning " do not worry, these are not charges and don't count against your purchases." 

Did you ever find a solution? 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.