Minimum payment on 6 month no interest?

desertdwellernv
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all! I hope I didn’t misunderstand what I was getting into. I made a large (to me) purchase using the 6 months no interest. It was my understanding that I don’t have to pay it in six months, but if I made minimum payments I wouldn’t pay it off in six months and would be charged interest from the date of the purchase. Now I’ve heard that the purchase must be paid in full in six months, and the minimum monthly payment will be 1/6 of the amount of the purchase. While I’m not thrilled about paying interest, the purchase was too good of a deal to pass up, so I figured I’d make the minimum payment or a little more, take longer than six months, and pay some interest. Was I mistaken and I’ll receive a monthly statement for a minimum of 1/6 of the purchase amount, or will I receive an invoice for a lesser minimum monthly payment and have the option to treat it like any other purchase and pay interest? I guess in short, my question is will my minimum payment be 1/6 of the purchase price or do I have the option to take longer to pay, but pay interest? This is the first purchase I’ve made that I didn’t intend to pay off within the six month no interest period. Thanks for any info!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

desertdwellernv
Contributor
Contributor
I should mention that I called PayPal customer service, but they were not helpful at all.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.