Macy's order using PayPal Credit cannot be placed!

scieceismylife
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I submitted an order using Paypal Credit on Macy's website but the order cannot be placed on Macy's website but it's pending on Paypal. What is the issue???

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scieceismylife

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RjRose121
Contributor
Contributor
How may I cancel if I accidentally placed two orders.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RjRose121 

Contact the company / website / seller you bought from and ask them to cancel the second order and refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RjRose121
Contributor
Contributor
I called Macy's yesterday morning and they told no order has been placed. I used PayPal as the method but I only received an email saying submitted transaction that Macy's has to process my order. How long does that take? Also when I log in on PayPal online my activity has two pending submission but when I log on the app nothing is there. There has been no order processed on Macy's side.
Login to Me Too

RjRose121
Contributor
Contributor
I emailed Macy's on behalf of this and they told me I have no order placed but I received an email from PayPal stating that the money won't be taken out till Macy proceses the order but Macy said nothing is there. What do I do? Cuz honestly I'm confused and don't want to make clueless transaction because I did contact Macy's but they said nothing was placed. So how can I get a refund when no transaction was placed in the Macy's side.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RjRose121 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. However the money would be pending in your funding source ie bank account / card, so if you contact them and state the funds will not be required they should be able to release them back to your available balance again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RjRose121
Contributor
Contributor
How long does that usually take? For a company to capture the payment
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RjRose121 

Well as there are millions of companies worldwide with different processing times then i have no idea.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RjRose121
Contributor
Contributor
Cuz it's been like 4-5days like idk what Macy's is doing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.