Letter for decline of credit - what to do?

ABear5
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I tried researching but got confused with answers out there. So I received a letter in the mail saying my request to open a PayPal credit account was denied. I never applied and haven't honestly logged into paypal in a year or two. I don't have any other credit accounts, not even a CC. Is there some action to take? Talk to paypal? Is this someone stealing my identity, should I make a police report? Ignore it? Sorry I am wildly lost and appreciate any help
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ABear5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

What may have happened here is that you accidentally applied for PayPal Credit at checkout. For some websites there is an option at checkout to try paying with PayPal Credit and putting in an instant application. EIther way though, I recommend getting in touch with us so we can check this out for you. You will find our contact details by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of the PayPal page. We are also available on Twitter @AskPayPal and Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal .

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.