Is paypal / synchrony bank committing fruad?

Lilcrazy

Based on my issue and others I read in this forum, this company is sitting on peoples payments to get extra interest money!!! I am very disappointed in this new Mc from paypal. I use the card for both business and personal, which i pay in full every month. The first month I paid the full balance of 3500, (2 days before the due date ) and received notice that my payment was on hold because of the size of the payment. The payment was on hold for about 2 weeks before it posted even though it was taken from my bank the next day. The following month i broke the payments into 3 smaller payments ( all before the due date). 2 of the payments processed, 1 is still saying pending. I called customer service and they said because there were multiple payments made, the put the largest payment on hold. It cleared my bank on 6/30 and is still showing pending on 7/8!!!! Ridiculous! I'm convinced thar These folks are sitting on all this interest while holding payments. If i have a 5000 credit line, of course ill be making a large payment every month. I asked them to flag my account so this wont keep happening but they cant. None of my other cc cards even remotely practice this nonsesnse and fraud. I'll be cancelling this card and going with another more honest merchant.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

NeuroKnight
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU!!!!
Bless you for taking that action, I hate paypal so much for this, the amount of suffering they cause and have gotten away with is immeasurable and for me irreversible. Using tge good paypal name they draw people in to what youd think would be a secure safe form of credit, and instead use that facade draw in people they can turn around scam. It is in a league of its own and has gone unnoticed far too long. I am done enduring the financial sadism and will cease using them and leave account to sit and rot. I cant be more grateful that someone like you has finally come along. If i can help let me know.

thank you

Login to Me Too

ihostdev
Contributor
Contributor

Don't forget the customers duped on the working capital loans. I don't see how they can make a loan in bad faith as i see and many others do knowing they will change the terms 6-8mo down the road on everyone. Still fuming over that one. I know i hijacked the thread and apologize. 

Login to Me Too

wsn777
Contributor
Contributor

I'll join a class-action lawsuit if one is filed!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220216j
Contributor
Contributor
Class action lawsuit on PayPal. Hell yeah I'm in. They have frozon my account sitting on $17,896.85. Sick just collecting on me. Today they were supposed to be emailing me about releasing my money to me but typical PayPal hasn't e-mailed me yet 6 hours past their stated 1 business day.
Login to Me Too

wsn777
Contributor
Contributor

My payment has cleared by bank account. Synchrony is holding 10K for 15 days. I could have made a different investment of these funds. Instead, Synchrony doing these with my money. They should be reported to the Consumer Protection Agency and investigated for shady practices!!

Login to Me Too

lbds137
New Community Member
A $1500 payment I made to PayPal Credit cleared my bank account on March 18th, per my bank records. My full balance is *still* not available today, March 30th. It seems they released only $600 within a few days and are holding onto the remaining $900 for some unknown reason. How is this not fraudulent on their part?? Unacceptable!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.