Is Paypal Credit Always 6 Months Interest Free???

goodyweaver
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am so confused. I signed up for paypal credit in August when the site said I could sign up and get my purchases interest free for 6 months, so long as I paid them off prior to the deadline. Thought this was great, so we put our vacation hotel on it and we'll definitely pay it off before the deadline. This charge is listed on paypal as "special financing" (not "promotional offer").

I recently also charged a $90 item to paypal credit (on 11/6). It has been stuck in "pending" since then, even though I've received the item and everything. Because it's still "pending," I can't see what the deadline is to pay this item off to avoid interest. I was actually looking up what to do when a paypal credit charge is sitting in pending so long and came across a bunch of posts from people saying that only certain purchases get the no interest for 6 months offer. I have tried figuring this out from paypal's documents, but it does mention "promotional offers" but not "special financing," so I don't know if these are the same thing. I really just want to know whether all my paypal credit purchases will have 6 months no interest, or if I have to be specifically offered that by the site each time? This is so confusing! I've emailed paypal, but am waiting for their response, and thought maybe someone here would be able to offer an answer faster.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.