Interest free purchases / existing paypal credit balance

faxfan2002
New Community Member

Hi All,

I've got a few offers on my paypal credit account - zero percent, instalments etc. Which is great. 

However when I check my balances none of the offers are reducing in outstanding balances, I'm overpaying and paying enough to pay the minimum amount on the credit and pay the offers. 

How does this work / how do you allocate money to a special offer balance?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JanicePP
New Community Member

Not an answer, but a repeat of this question, this time from the USA.  How DOES PayPal allocate our payment??  I am pretty angry at what I am seeing as I have several purchases on special no interest with 6 month (and longer) payback offers. I compute how much on each purchase should be made to get it paid off in the alloted time -- and find that it is all being used to pay down the *longest* of the special purchases, while one of the shorter ones is halfway through the special no interest periond with all of $40 paid off a $300+ purchase.  Completely messed up my budgeting payback plan.  PayPal needs to change this either by allocating across the board a certain percentage based on the number of months in the arrangement, or let the buyer choose the place/item the payment should go to.  If it means I make several separate directed payments each month that would even work.  The way it is now someone could be making payments thinking everything was going along smoothly and they are covering all the purchases -- to be hit with larger payments or discovering they are going to be paying interest charges because the payments were going where they were not needed.  I am not a happy camper at this point.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.