Inaccurate Credit Reporting SYNC/PPC

Gogetem2020
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been a PayPal credit customer for over 10 years. Last spring 2019, I ran into some financial hardship and entered a financial hardship program offered by PayPal, which I enrolled and paid the agreed amount until I could get my account up to date again. I recently checked my credit report and SYNC/PPC reported my account 60-90 days late from June to September 2019. Before SYNC took over, again I was on the PayPal financial hardship program and they never reported my account to my credit bureaus late or anything. I am paying the agreed amount per month and by the due date. They also reported my “account was closed by consumer request”, which I NEVER EVER requested. Has anyone had any issues with SYNC/PPC and incorrect reporting. I’m so furious right now!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

I am also experiencing the same issue they report wrong late payment to the credit bureau and closed my account without any notice. It says the account was closed based on consumer request which I had no idea untill I checked my credit. My second issue is that I only signed up for paypal because they don't report to credit bureau and I didn't want it on my credit history. I was so surprised when I received an email from credit Karma saying they report a new account a few days ago. Atleast I would have appreciate the option to opt out or just a notice. Hope they can fix this mess, because that's not what I signed up for.
Login to Me Too

Gogetem2020
Contributor
Contributor
Yea, they need to fix it ASAP. I never had a late on any of my credit accounts! I will be writing them a letter to address this issue. If it will not be handled, I will take it all they way up to the top of the ladder, if not I will have to get an attorney involve for this mess because that is 7 years of my life they will be **bleep** with and I am not going to be putting up with their bull.
Login to Me Too

Mesheall
New Community Member
Save money on legal fees- companies that repair credit charge around $50 a month and in a months time can get this removed from your report. A few years back PayPal reported me as deceased and made it so I couldn’t even get an accurate credit report for about a year until I hired a company to clean it up. I didn’t even know I had a PayPal credit account until I saw a closed account notice on my credit report today- glad I’m not alone but ugh.
Login to Me Too

Jnbalistarn
New Community Member
Which company do you recommend?
Login to Me Too

Jnbalistarn
New Community Member
I regularly check my credit on Credit Karma & just noticed this bank out of nowhere recently. They also reported me as 60 days late and it’s hurting my chances of getting a home loan. Anybody know how I can have them removed from my credit report? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.