If your credit line is $250, can you make larger purchases using Easy Payments.

ffmm
Contributor
Contributor
I have a $250 Paypal credit line. Can I buy purchases larger than $250 on Easy Payments plan? I want to buy a $1000 item. Easy payments offers $42 for 24 months. I’ve read that when you choose this option it charges the full amount of the item and you pay it off? How does it work with my $250 credit? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ffmm 

They either 1) not offer PayPal Credit to you at checkout 2) decline the charge, 3) let the charge go through and increase or do not increase your credit limit, or 4) put the entire charge on your preferred payment method even after you checkout with PayPal Credit so make sure your preferred payment method is an option for you, otherwise, it could be disastrous with bank overdrafts or over the limit fees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ffmm
Contributor
Contributor
Just needed some more clarification if you don’t mind. When i’m on checkout page, I do select the easy payments option. It is offered. All that is left is for me to click confirm. Is that how easy payments work is my question...can you only make purchases up to your credit limit? Am I only limited to $250 if that is my line of credit? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.