I need desperate advice about PayPal Credit!!!

xernad
So I tried to buy a Nintendo Switch for my Partner's birthday from Game.co.uk and I checked out using PayPal credit as the company accepts it. While trying to process the payment I got a message that the order couldn't be processed and to try again. I tried a couple more times and still it wouldn't accept. I've just checked my PayPal account and I now have 3 pending charges of £250 to my PayPal account and I haven't even ordered anything. Please help! I got PayPal credit because I couldn't afford £250 in one go. I can't afford to pay £750 for items I haven't ordered.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xernad 

Don't panic. These marked as pending temporary authorizations. If merchant cannot capture the payments, then these pending temporary authorizations can't become completed charges and they will expire and drop off as if they never happened in no longer than 30 days. If they do get posted as completed, you can report them as duplicate charges and Item Not Received on the first or original transaction.

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem”.  
  3. Click “I have a billing issue”.
  4. Select Duplicate Transaction and follow on-screen directions.

You may have repeating the steps above for each duplicate.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

xernad
So if Game has cancelled my order because it couldn't be completed, then no funds will be taken from my PayPal Credit account? I've been panicking all day!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xernad 

When you buy from retailers with an advanced PayPal checkout system set up, your transactions generally begin as a pending temporary authorization with funds held awaiting the merchant to capture. If the order fails or the merchant cancels order, the pending temporary authorization will expire on its own with the funds/amount eventually released from hold as if it didn't happen in no longer than 30 days generally. 

Understand that pending temporary authorizations can only be canceled or voided by the merchant, not PayPal or you unless the funds were captured/transactions listed as completed, you can dispute it then. If the temporary authorizations are stuck at pending beyond the 30 days, then you can contact PayPal customer service to have them voided.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.