I feel scammed by Ppal Credit

FeelScammed
New Community Member

I've been using Paypal for over 7 years on a monthly basis and decided to get Paypal Credit in August 2020. I set $900 on September 8,2020 using my Paypal Credit and was charged $926.40. The person never received the money after a few hours so she requested the $900 and I immediately was able to release the $900 to her through a pop up on my iphone. She only received the $900 once as can easily be verified on her account. However, I've been charged $926.40 twice on September 8, 2020. I've sent in a request to have one of the $926.40 taken off my account since the money was never received multiple times. And I've been turned down every time.  My girlfriend is the one I sent the money to and it's easily to see on her account that she only received the money once.  She even took a screen shot of her account showing she only received the money once but they still turned us down.  WTF!!!  Paypal Credit is expecting me to pay the additional $926.40 with interest since September 8, 2020. I've spent at least 12 to 15 hours trying to resolve this problem with Paypal and Synchrony Bank. However, it's freaking IMPOSSIBLE to speak to someone at Paypal and my request keeps getting turned down at Paypal with no reason.   Paypal Credit (Synchrony Bank) is obviously not Paypal because they have no access to prove that Tina only received the $900 one time. It's really that easy! I've sent in the reference numbers for both transactions so they can see that Tina only received the $900 once but it's like no one at Paypal has a clue on how to verify these facts or they are just trying to SCAM me. This has been the biggest nightmare of my life trying to get someone at Paypal to complete the simple request above.  Their bot and message system just sends you in circles to where I get so frustrated I quit working on it.  Paypal Credit (Synchrony Bank) keeps calling me wanting their money and I've talked to them dozens of times.  I even request and manager and demand the manager to call Paypal to help escalate this MAJOR problem on my Paypal Credit account.  Paypal Credit tried to send Paypal something about them taking the $926.40 off my account and then they charged her account $926.40 plus didn't take the $926.40 off my account. So for the last few months they actually charged both of us $926.40. Luckily they just took the $926.40 off of her account but it still shows that I've been charged $926.40 twice when I only successfully sent the money once. I've tried every phone number online and it just takes me in circles.  Does anyone have a phone number that I can call and talk to a live person at Paypal?  What's so frustrating is after spending 30 to 45 minutes on the phone 10 plus times the best I get is they send me to Paypal Credit who can't help me!  PLEASE HELP with any suggestions??? Richard

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FeelScammed 

Can't post phone numbers in the forums. They remove them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.