How to accept payment by Paypal Credit?

TonyWd
New Community Member

Hi

I've just sold an item on eBAY (value £350) and the buyer wants to pay by Paypal Credit and is asking me to enable this on my PayPal account.

I can't find any way to do that, and all the help info seems to be from the buyer's viewpoint rather than the merchant's.

I'm wondering if it's not an option for merchants with personal accounts?  I'm not in business and just selling some stuff after downsizing.

If I can enable it, I assume that there is no risk to me as a merchant and it would just come through as a normal payment?  So Paypal take any credit risk, right?

Any advice or suggestions, please?

Many thanks

Tony

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MaverickpLEW
New Community Member

Just experienced this same problem as a buyer, ebay and paypal have both been unable to identify the problem. It's almost as if randomly paypal credit chooses not to work for some listings, even when advertised as a promotion on the listing. I actually applied and was approved for a listing and then was immediately unable to use paypal credit to pay for the listing. It is a trap.

(note able to use the same paypal credit on other sites)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TonyWd, @MaverickpLEW

Great question! Whether or not PayPal Credit is available for the buyer and accepted by the seller is dependent on the countries the two parties live in. As long as they are in the US or UK, both should be OK. You don't have to enable anything special on your account to accept that payment since you won't know the funding source. It will just look like any other payment for you. Only the buyer will know it's being funded by PayPal Credit.

Hope that clears everything up!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.