How do I pay my 0% purchases before they accrue interest?

Fred190474
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I’m completely lost here. I’m trying to find out how to pay my 0% promotional offers/purchases before they accrue interest but I can’t seem to find the answer or be through on the phone to speak to a human. Help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Fred190474,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When you make payments on PayPal Credit it will come off the full amount owed, unless you have a monthly payment agreement for a certain item. The purchase made first is considered cleared when you have paid back more than that amount and the next payment will be considered cleared when you have paid the combined amount. In essence, if you have paid back more than you spent with the 0% promotion it is considered cleared, even if you made other purchases afterwards.

Rachael  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Fred190474,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When you make payments on PayPal Credit it will come off the full amount owed, unless you have a monthly payment agreement for a certain item. The purchase made first is considered cleared when you have paid back more than that amount and the next payment will be considered cleared when you have paid the combined amount. In essence, if you have paid back more than you spent with the 0% promotion it is considered cleared, even if you made other purchases afterwards.

Rachael  

Login to Me Too

Fred190474
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Rachael for this; I’m so grateful. I still don’t understand how I pay my individual 0% promotion for instance, I’ve agreed an amount where it’s 0% for 4 months. I’m trying to find out how I pay off that individual amount/purchase (the whole balance of that individual transaction alone) so that it doesn’t accrue interest as well as paying my normal minimal PayPal amount? Or perhaps this isn’t possible? I don’t know but I’d be grateful for any help. Thank you in advance 😉
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.