Having trouble using PayPal credit for the first time.

cestes
New Community Member
I am trying to use my credit line for the first time. Declines the transaction even though my account shows I have credit.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cestes 

Since your account is new, you may need to make some successfully completed transactions (no disputes) with your linked funding source, so the checkout system has some history to go on whether to offer you PayPal Credit as the funding source. It's a risk management thing. PayPal Credit is integrated into the checkout system and your account so all kinds of factors go into shelling out that credit line.

Otherwise, PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstance of your transactions, it is recommended that you use a linked source to pay to complete transaction instead. On rare occasions PayPal may rescind a PayPal Credit charge even after you've completed checkout and put it on a linked funding source so always make sure you have enough in all your sources of funds to cover the purchase just in case or you may risk NSF fees if PayPal ends up selecting your bank account and it's skint in funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.