Hacked????

metromoney
New Community Member
Earlier today I purchased a visa gift card wanting to put it into my paypal virtual wallet. When I tried adding the visa gift card, I got an error message saying my gift card was declined. I tried adding it a couple more times and I got the same error message. I then thought that I hadn’t activated the gift card. I was wrong; when I went to the check the balance of the gift card at vanilla gift.com it was activated and all of the money was in the account. Again, I went back to PayPal to try to put the gift card into my virtual wallet. This time I got a different error message saying that this card was already connected to another PayPal account. This would be impossible because a. I just bought this card 15 minutes ago and b. I only have one PayPal account. Confused I went back to see my gift card balance at vanillagift.com and to my surprise all the money on the card had been drained. I believe someone hacked my account and somehow put my gift card into their account. This seems highly unlikely because I was never able to add the gift card to my virtual wallet. yet somehow my gift card is on someone else’s PayPal and all of the money is gone. Also, this seems like it would be impossible to prove that I’m telling the truth.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.