Gift Card Scam..?

mcleodm44
New Community Member

I wanted to make a PayPal Credit payment today. However, I wanted the payment to be directly allocated to a cash advance, so rather than making a simple payment online, I wanted to speak to an agent. I called the number provided on your website[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] An automated message informed me that I had been selected to receive a free $100.00 Walmart gift card. When I connected with an agent to redeem the gift card, he asked me to provide him with a credit card number to pay for shipping. I politely declined and said I no longer wanted the gift card, and I simply wanted to make a payment. The agent asked me why I did not want the gift card. I told him, "I am no longer interested, thank you, please let's proceed to making a payment on my account." But the agent persisted in asking why I was refusing the gift card and then when I told him I don't trust it, he hung up on me! Very hostile. Awful customer service experience. Can you please tell me if this gift card thing is really part of PayPal? This felt like a scam.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.