Fraud

Forester19
New Community Member

I check my credit score and showed  New account SYNCB/PAYPAL type of industry: Bank Credit card. Account Number ********* and PO BOX address. also show that this is details for the new line of credit or account that has recently been added to your credit report. I did not know of any change in my paypal account or open or apply any new credit card.  Is it fraud? Any help would greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Forester19 

This happens when you are offered PayPal Credit and is prompted to get an on the spot decision for the virtual line of credit. If you didn't do it, then someone who had access to your PayPal account and was trying to buy something tried it and PayPal or Syncrony Bank (who underwrites these PPC accounts) put a hard inquiry on your credit report. If you think this incorrect, contact your credit agency to report it as incorrect.

These days, the only way to verify a PayPal account is to open a PayPal Credit account or link a bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.