Finding out full PayPal credit number

galaxygirl1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can't find my full 16 digit account number for PayPal credit. On statements it just shows the last four digits! Can anyone help,? Thank you,!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@galaxygirl1

Since PayPal Credit is an virtual credit line usable only with merchants that have PayPal checkout integrated to their online shop, there's no need to have the full account number. Even if you pay your bill via mail, you just put the last four digits on the cheque.  For your protection, the last 4 digits is only revealed.

Or you can call the PayPal Credit number on the last faq on this page:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq

In the US, its on the statement but for the UK, I can't find a way to locate it. Probably for privacy reasons this is not revealed. :::shrugs:::

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@galaxygirl1

Since PayPal Credit is an virtual credit line usable only with merchants that have PayPal checkout integrated to their online shop, there's no need to have the full account number. Even if you pay your bill via mail, you just put the last four digits on the cheque.  For your protection, the last 4 digits is only revealed.

Or you can call the PayPal Credit number on the last faq on this page:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq

In the US, its on the statement but for the UK, I can't find a way to locate it. Probably for privacy reasons this is not revealed. :::shrugs:::

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Starrman
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry mate, but you aren't answering the question asked. We need to know how to find the account number. I need it so I can make a payment from my checking account directly into my PayPal Credit account electronically.  The last four numbers won't cut it. It seems that I should be able to see my own account number as it would be as secure as the rest of the app info I am being fed from PP.

Login to Me Too

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

I am in a similar situation, leading me to think that only the last 4 numbers are specific to me, and if so, extremely dangerous.   What is the actual point of being allocated a number when the person it refers too is not allowed to know those numbers - crazy.    PayPal are so 'up themselves' they think they can do what they like and legalities be damned.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.