EBAY sells

cwhaley75
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having trouble getting money released in my paypal account for $700 was told had to buy a $350 Nordstrom gift card an send picture of it to PayPal so they could verify it had the money on it an I still haven’t got my refund of $700 released in my account an I’m at a loss what to do please help thanks 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cwhaley75 

It's a scam. PayPal DOES NOT ask you to buy gift cards in order to see or release your payment. The "buyer" did not pay you, they basically scammed a $350 gift card off you if you bought one and gave the gift card code. You can see if you can report the gift card as stolen to Nordstroms right away.

PayPal sells gift cards, what would they want with your gift card? If PayPal wants people to buy gift cards, this is certainly not the way to go about it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @cwhaley75,

I'm truly sorry, but @sharpiemarker is right. PayPal will never ask you to purchase a gift card for any reason. This is a common scam targeting inexperienced online sellers using both fake emails and phone numbers designed to make you think you are working with PayPal when nothing has actually occurred in our system. 

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

cwhaley75
Contributor
Contributor

MONEYMONEY I have the proof that it’s from PayPal an I don’t no how to get my money back MONEY how do I post all the email pictures I have for evidence that I have been sent that I would get my money back 

Login to Me Too

cwhaley75
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to get my money back 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

I sincerely apologize, @cwhaley75. You may need to contact your local authorities to report what happened and give them any phone numbers and emails your received that may help them track down the person(s) responsible. To help protect you in the future, we do provide education on situations like this.

Helping you avoid fraudulent orders

Recognize fraudulent emails and websites

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.