Declined for Paypal credit.... Why? still waiting for email explaining!

Lalo561
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  Tried to get paypal credit on sunday the 23rd. Have a good credit score over 800. Yes I know that is not the only variable. Was told I would receive an email explaining as to why I was declined. I was told 2 business days. It's now 4 days later. Still waiting? Will it ever come? Would really like to know why I was declined.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LCGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, have used Paypal to pay for items for years and when it was offered yesterday as an option for buying a high value item, I decided to try it out of curiosity.  I have excellent credit ratings, have never defaulted on a payment and wanted to split a payment equal to 2.4% of my monthly income over 6 payments.  I got an email that told me nothing, phoned customer services who were so unhelpful it was unpleasant, and was then told that the decline, that they would not explain, may now effect my credit rating.  I would never recommend Paypal credit and am seriously considering deleting my Paypal account altogether.

Login to Me Too

Lalo561
Contributor
Contributor

LCGreen... yeah sorry to hear that. Yes Paypal wasn't much help either. They gave me the number to the paypal credit department, and they cannot tell you anything, they have no idea, but they say an email should arrive explaining why etc. So after waiting 5 days, I decided to try to find out again as no email came as it says it would after you have been declined,  so I played more number tag with paypal, back and forth, until  I finally contact the bank who the credit is through SYNCHRONY bank, but if you call their number its more phone tag, they transfer you back over to paypal, if you try to do their online chat at the website they have, and you say its concerning paypal, they transfer you back to paypal... BUT... if you go to SYNCHRONY bank's facebook page, leave them a message on there. Still waiting for them to get back but a live person did reply,  and ask if I had the reference number when I applied which I didnt... so hopefully this will lead to the answer. Paypal shouldnt say you will receive an email explaining why you were declined if it wont ever come.  Paypal customer service told me 2 business days.... nothing came 5 days later and counting. Annoying.  Just want to find out why I was declined.

Login to Me Too

LCGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck!  I'm not holding out any hope, but am going to wait and see the effect on my credit score and then dispute it if I have to. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.