Customer return item lost in transit. Paid by paypal credit.

szlar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I wonder if you can point me into right direction.

I purchased an item on ebay. When I received it, I felt that it was not as described and after contacting the seller I sent it back to them.

Seller return policy was to send it back using courier of my choice and on my cost.

I have sent it via UPS, but the parcel was delivered to the wrong place. UPS admitted their fault and cant get the item back.

So I am left without the item, 250 pounds paypal credit to pay. I may be able to claim max 50 pounds compensation from UPS if lucky. 

Is the fact that I have paid by paypal credit gives me any additional protection against cases like this? Can I use claim for section 75?

I can open case with paypal only when:

- I didn't receive an item I purchased

- I received an item that's not as described (significantly not as described)

- I want to report unauthorised activity

Don't think that case fell into categories above.

Can you help? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Regards

Rob

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rosie1984
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rob,

Just wondering what happened with your lost return? I'm currently looking at the same issue with a possible £350 loss 😞

Thanks

Rosie

Login to Me Too

szlar
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Rosie. Sorry to hear about your problem. As I found paypal completely useless, I contacted via email all UPS CEO's in UK and US I found online. Finaly someone from US contacted me and delegated UK manager to take a look. He nanaged to locate missing parcel (amazon warehouse) and deliver it to the destination. This was quite long process but sucessful at the end. If you can, keep pressure on your courier, contact all people you find online. This was what I did. Regards Rob
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.